Wednesday 21 June 2017

Vital Information About Blood Clots

Vital Information About Blood Clots


I recently noticed that a man was missing from the Refuse Center where I take my recycling stuff every so often.  I asked one of the guys there whom I know quite well whether James was no longer working there, I assumed he had changed jobs.

Imagine my horror when Fred told me that James had died of a blood clot.  I therefore felt that this article below is of immense importance.

Everything you Need to Know About Blood Clots



Clotting is a life-saving measure your body takes to prevent itself from bleeding out during an injury. Platelets and proteins in the plasma of your blood jump into action within the first second to minutes after your blood vessel is injured (1).
These clots form a barrier that temporarily seals off the site of injury to keep bacteria and matter out. When the blood vessel is healed, the clot naturally dissolves. When clots form inappropriately inside your blood vessels, however, it can be a recipe for disaster.
Up to 900,000 people develop vascular blood clots in the United States every year. If caught in time, blood clots can be safely dissolved. If not, they will gradually decrease blood flow throughout the body or even migrate towards the lungs, heart, or brain, where they can prove fatal. In fact, roughly 1 in 3 people to suffer from blood clots will die of the condition.

No comments: