Thursday 15 December 2016

Flu Busting Turmeric Citrus Gums

Flu Busting Turmeric Citrus Gums

These gums look so good and tempting and sound just the ticket to take when feeling flu-ish.

I have been nursing a rubbish bug for a little while now – when I first got ill I made these awesome gummies and ate the lot and I seemed to feel better within a few days. Almost a week later and I have gotten ill again so now I’m determined to cook up another batch! These are the most gorgeous tasting little powerhouses that certainly pack a punch – you can alter the levels of ginger and tumeric to your tastes accordingly but be aware that the gummies will lose their super powers. Having said that though my two year old Anya totally gobbled these up whilst making quite a few faces saying “Too spicy.”! So if my two year old can handles these so can you.

Gelatin is a brilliant source of amino acids that aid in joint health, muscle synthesis and even at boosting your mood. Using grass-fed gelatin is an absolute must as you need to avoid any pesticide or heavy metal contamination. You’ll also be pleased to know that grass-fed gelatin will do your skin a whole host of good – the two amino acids proline and glycine boost the production of collagen which will help to ‘smoothe out’ your skin. Gelatin can also help to protect your skin from the sun so if you’re in your 30’s like me and want to fight the battle against ageing, make gelatin your best friend!

No comments: